Svirzhsky castle, built in XVI - middle of the XVII century at village Svirzh on the hill above the river and lake. The Svirzhsky castle is pleases the eye and captures its own beauty.
He belonged to the families Svirzhsky and Tsetneriv. Near the castle is the church of Renaissance (1541).
Svirzhsky castle situated in the village Svirzh (Peremyshlyany district) of Lviv region. The mention of it found in archival documents of the XVI century. (1530), when it belonged to noble family of Svirzhsky. But in the modern look of the Svirzhsky castle came from the middle of XVII century, when its was bought by Count O.Tsetnera (on behalf of whom was named a District - Tsetnerivka and Botanical Garden in Lviv).
Count ordered to rebuild and strengthen the Svirzhsky castle. Work on the reconstruction of the Svirzhsky castle were carried out around the same time when were built in Lviv two arsenals by Hrodzitskyy - royal and Senyavskis. The Svirzhsky castle is located on Mount Belz and it was surrounded by impassable marshes, ponds, at the foot of the walls - by ditches and also there was the bridge, but despite its advantageous defensive position - the palace of this type it couldn't have serious defensive value. It is known that during the Ukrainian-Polish war of 1648-1654 the Svirzhsky castle repeatedly was captured by the troops of Cossack , and in 1648 - it was burned Tatars.
At the present the Svirzhsky castle is well preserved. Preserved original interior. The Svirzhsky castle is open to tourists.
Svirzhsky castle in Lviv Ukraine, Castle in Svirzh, castles in Ukraine, castles in Lviv, Svirzh, Svirsh