The Site LVIV TRAVEL presenting 10 interesting facts about UEFA EURO 2012:
1) Silver Cup Henri Delaunay, with which the European champion are awarded, named after the author's idea of the Championship, which brought her to life. In 2008 Cup was changed: now it has a height of 60 centimeters and the weight of almost 8 pounds.
2) During the history of European Championship Cup Germany became the champion three times (in 1950, 1972 and 1996). In general of 12 championships nine countries become winers: Germany, France (1984, 2000), USSR (1960), Czechoslovakia (1976), Italy (1968), Spain (1964), Netherlands (1988), Denmark (1992), Greece ( 2004), Spain (2008).
3) European Football Championship - the biggest sporting event for the national football teams, held under the auspices of UEFA (UEFA - Union of European Football Associations).
4) The magnitude and capacity of European Football Championship is the third sports event in the world after the Olympics and World Cup.
5) For the first time European football championship was held in 1960 in France. Then in Paris the team of Soviet Socialist Republics in the final win the team of Yugoslavia with a 2-1 and became the first champion in the history of the Euro.
6) The thirteenth Football Championship was held in Austria and Switzerland, and lasted from 7 June to 29 June 2008.
7) The fourteenth European Championship of Football in 2012 TM will take Poland and Ukraine. It was announced in April 18, 2007 by UEFA president Michel Platini at a ceremony in Cardiff, Wales.
8) EURO 2012TM matches will take place in Kyiv, Donetsk, Kharkiv and Lviv, as well as in Warsaw, Gdansk, Poznan and Wroclaw. The first and final matches will take place in Warsaw and Kiev, respectively.
9) Carrying out the events of this scale means staying in Ukraine and Lviv in particular, a significant number of visitors - athletes, professionals and fans, in short, tourists from all over the world. EURO 2012TM – isn’t only a chance for Lviv to tell about itself to the world, but also a unique opportunity for the West to discover in our city "another Europe". Lviv proved worthy to take the European Football Championship in 2012.
10)In general EURO 2012TM will be the third triumph in the history of European championships, which are hosts of the two countries: Belgium-Netherlands - EURO 2000 Austria-Switzerland- EURO2008)